In this heads up sng strategy article, Cog Dissonance outlines a logical thought process for assessing which type of villain we are playing against. Note: This article is mainly geared towards new and lower stakes heads up poker players. The content of this article does not always apply to more difficult high stakes thinking opponents that can more easily adjust and manipulate their image and tendencies.
- Don’t start the match too aggressively, you want to hear what the villain has to say, not batter him into submission with your aggression.
- Test your opponent to see how he deals with limps, raises and 3-bets
- Analyse your opponent’s frequencies:
- How often is he raising?
- How often is he calling your raises?
- What hand quality does he turn up with for these actions?