- Videos And Software
- Poker Software
- Video Packs
- HUSNG Hyper Turbos(Preflop and Flop Strategy by Lotte Lenya)
- Coffeeyay and Friends - Spin and Go Video Pack
- Beating Spin & Go Poker
- Hyper Turbo Video Pack: A Journey Inside My Mind
- GTO In HUSNGs
- Turbo HUSNG Masters Pack
- Expert No Limit Hold'em, Volume 1
- Solving Poker
- Crushing Hyper Turbo HUSNGs
- Crushing Regs: The Way To Beat Tough Opponents
- Hyper Turbo Guide
- Russian Turbo Pack
- Heads Up Cash Video Packs
- Other Content
- VIP Deals
- Spin an Gos
- HUSNG Downloads
- HUSNG Hyper Turbos(Preflop and Flop Strategy by Lotte Lenya) Download
- zZzTILT Crushing Regs
- zZzTILT & phl500 Crushing Hyper Turbo HUSNGs
- Chadders Hyper Turbo Pack Download
- Will Tipton Book Pack Download
- Will Tipton HUNL Video Pack 2
- Hyper Turbo Poker Masters Video Pack 1 Download
- Turbo HUSNG Masters Pack
- Sentin's Crushing Fish Like a Boss Video Pack Download
- HU Cash
- Elliot Roe
- Coffeeyay Math Pack Download Page
- Greenbast Beginner Turbo Speed Pack Download Page
- Hokiegreg Class Video Pack Download
- Premium and Standard Videos
- SGT RJ Tilt Pack Download
- Seeya Russian Video Pack Download
- Winning at Blackjack Download Page
- BernardC's Advanced Hyper Hand Reading Class
- Bernardc's Hyper Turbo Poker Class Video Pack
A year in the life of me
January 9, 2017 - 16:38
I am going to use this thread to document my progress (hopefully!) in poker for this year.
Back story in poker: The usual story (not all that interesting :P) . I am 22 years old (nearly 23) and I have been playing poker since 18. I was terrible etc starting off. Probably still semi-terrible now :D I have been staked with HUSNG.com for the last 2 years now. Unfortunately, I have not progressed in terms of moving up in stake. This was always a goal of mine in the past but I understand (finally) that it's certainly not the goal I should strive to achieve. Anyway, I started off at 7s HU and got to 30s spins (took me an age to get from 15s spins to 30s spins). My first 1k game sample at 30s was not what it should have been (just barely hitting above 1%EV). This was a consequence of not keeping up to date with game, poor mental game at the time (standard of mental game is usually high) among other things. So I was moved back down to 15s spins to gain confidence but that was not how it panned out!! Long story short I am now playing 15s HU for the time being. I have been playing well (running extremely hot!) at 15s HU. I still want to play spins in the long term but I am enjoying playing HU again. FWIW Learning (attempting to learn) 3 handed play is different beast altogether compared to HU play, which in itself is by no means easy! Thankfully my backers have been very patient with me and I am very grateful.
For the foreseeable future my main goal is to put in consistent volume, in which I play consistently. My volume for the last number of months has been poor. I hope to become more disciplined in my approach to putting in the volume. I could attempt to do this privately but I have decided it's best to keep an open journal.
Another goal of mine is to keep improving as a player in order to put myself in a position to make the most amount of money (essentially the reason we play poker!!). I understand this can be a difficult goal to quantify. I have set a number of "mini" goals in order to achieve this improvement.
- Attend and participate (hugely important!!!) in as much group sessions as I can. Unfortunately, a number of session are during the afternoon on weekdays. I cannot make them as I work during the day. For the evening sessions I should still try to make them. Again a decent amount of the sessions that take place at this time I will always be late by approx 30 mins.
- Watch previous group sessions. This is something I have not been doing as much recently (as I should have!). I will be taking notes on what I find interesting/ applicable that the coach presents in the session rather than just blindly watch them.
- When plugging a leak, I need to spend time watching a number of sessions that may be on the topic in order to gain unconscious competency. This is something I haven't strived in at all. Most of the time I would spend maybe one session where I am struggling on a given strategic area and then go through hands. Albeit this is okay, it's not great when I know there are multiple videos on the topic. Recently I have done alright on this. For example, I was utilizing a poor OOP strategy on flops in limped pots. There were a number of sessions on this topic recently. I watched all of them, took notes (of which I continually refer to) and went through my own hands since working on this aspect to determine if I am incorporating what the coaches have advised.
- Mental game. I will write a separate post on this topic (my own struggles, how I aim to deal with them etc). This aspect of poker is so crucial if one wishes to succeed at poker!
They are the main goals for the time being. I will update this thread weekly.
I will only be posting graph at the end of the month, so apologies to those who care only for graphs :P
Let's hope for a fun ride! gl all! :)
Apologies if the above is disjointed. English grammar is not my greatest asset, even though it's my main language :D :D
January 10, 2017 - 04:11#1
Hey man... What's your Stars
What's your Stars username? :)
January 12, 2017 - 05:25#2
Good luck with your challenge
Good luck with your challenge :)
January 15, 2017 - 07:02#3
Best of luck Oisin - not that
Best of luck Oisin - not that luck is what you need ;)