- Video Packs
- Heads Up Cash
- Hyper Turbo Packages
- Turbo Packages
- Other Packs
- Software and HUD
- VIP Deals
- Premium and Standard Videos
- Hyper Turbo Downloads
- HU Cash
- Elliot Roe
Donk taking HUSNG more seriously [tl;dr] [Some questions]
July 5, 2012 - 21:03
Hey guys, first of all, thanks to everyone on this website/forum, I've been a membership for about 10days I guess and it really improved my game a lot. Sorry if you guys can't understand what I write, as you can probably see i'm not from USA or England...
I always had problems in choosing between cash,mtt and sng. But HUSNG always got me. And now that I signed up I feel like I just found my game. And it keeps getting better. I'm a reg winner at live poker cash for 1/2 and 2/5. Sometimes 5/10. But online I never could really win, like I said to some of my live friends, I play $1k stake live and win and online I can't beat $5 sng or NL10 LOL (even using HEM2 and studying the game) . But I guess it's because of my really bad tilting problems, and I'm really working on that.
Oh and I forgot ... I've been playing at the $7s now.
Since I signed up here, and started studying even more, and taking notes about the videos, I feel like I can finaly beat micros (sigh). And I've been really tracking down my anger and tilt. I am reading the Mental Game of Jared Tendler which is also helping me a lot
Anyway, I have a few questions and I hope you guys could help me. Sorry if it has been asked before, but I searched and couldn't find anything.
1) I've been playing 2 table, but when I play 1 table I really concentrate even more and it makes me more comfortable. I can be profitable playing 2 tables, but I just play A LOT better with just 1. Does it really hurts my $/h? I know that 2 tables obviously increases the $/h but doesn't double it I guess. Should I be concentrating in learning and improving my game right now or learning to play at least 2 tables?
2) Now that I've been studying more husng, I am only playing turbos, but sometimes I play the 4person, and none of the videos here nobody plays mtt husng. Is it really that bad? I know that the rake is better but the variance is bigger, don't know about the $/h. But should I concentrate only at the 2 person then?
3) And about volume goals? Should I use stop win/stop loss? I'm kinda lost here, I don't know when I should stop or if I should play till I get uncomfortable. I am usually doing sessions of 4~6sngs. And about 2 or 3 sessions a days. Is it a good number? I feel like playing 15sngs in a day is almost nothing :( Is it normal to play that few games in a day? How many sng does a reg play? Not hyper, just turbo or standard.
4) I just checked my hm2 and I've played 201 games with 7,5% roi in 12 days. I know obviously that isn't a good sample. Even because some of the numbers are from $3.5, some are from mtt husng, some are from hypers. But now mostly from $7 and 1 table. For turbo husng. Which sample should be good?
5) For bankroll manangement I've been using Half Kelly Criterium, is that ok? Or you guys recomend me Full or 1/4 Kelly?
And just a random question, some of the videos played at PokersStars are $10 sng, and I just can't find $10 anymore, just $7 or $15, did they remove?
LOL. Sorry for giant thread, but I don't really wanna make another thread just to ask random stuffs.
I just checked my Luck Adjustment EV Line and it seems really strange to me, when I see other people EV line it almost never go right above the moneyline. Is it normal? Seems really strange to me.
And now I can clearly see that I'm still having some tilting problems like between 141 and 161 I was really playing my worst game problem... anyway.
July 6, 2012 - 00:11#1
Hello dare Welcome to the
Welcome to the forum. Not being a native english speaker, I understood your post very well, so that should be no issue.
Regarding your questions:
1) That is really up to the player. Obiviously your focus is much higher if you are playing only one table at once and also you will notice leaks (both; yours and your opponents) quicker. I switched yesterday from single to two tableing and it did work out quite well for me --> apparently I know have less time to 'spew around' and this - ironically - increased my win rate nicely. I also do tilt less (this is something I noticed to happen before, in online CG or FR SNG etc. pp). However; it really depends on the person, but i still would recommend that you stick with playing 1 table as long as your a 'new' to the game.
2) I do not play the 4 man HU SNG. For me, the risk of collusion (2 players teaming up in the 4 man HU SNG) is too big and also I do not like waiting on other players.
3) Do not put yourself on volume goals but on time goals. Set your goal like: I am gonna play from 9 am to 11 am. Stop loss is only necessary if you start playing very badly once you lost amount X$. My advice: just finish up the HU SNG you are currently playing and take a break until you recovered from the stress issued by loseing. HU SNG can be very frustrating, because you can experience quite some loseing stretch. We all look at the graphs of the pros who show 30k HU SNG and go up stadly but what one does miss is how an ROI of 5% is created.....you can LOSE / LOSE / LOSE / WIN / LOSE / LOSE / LOSE / WIN / WIN / WIN / WIN / WIN / WIN.....you get the idea, especially if you are not 'secure' with your play loseing can make you doubt your play which takes you off focus and reduces your game from A-game to B-Game (as Jared would say in his book).
4) 1k or 2k games? If you wanna know if you are doing all right you NEED to do the session aftermath (=session analysis).
5) You cannot use Kelly kriterium as long as you not know your real ROI because it requieres this information. For Turbos, just use like 30 to 40 BI BRM.
The only $10 HU SNG that exist today on pokerstars AFAIK are HU SNG MTTs. Maybe earlier there were $10 HU SNG. Anyways; the difference from $7 to $10 HU SNG cannot be big, so you can watch either video.
Did you watch the series:
Thinking like a winner: http://www.husng.com/heads-up-sng-videos/video-category/waldie191s-videos all ready? If not, you should do.
July 6, 2012 - 10:06#3
It does look indeed very
It does look indeed very confuseing. Back when HEM2 was released it was full with bugs and until today I am still useing HEM1 and therefore cannot comment about how HEM2 works right now - sorry.
What beginners list are you talking about?
July 7, 2012 - 05:59#5
I think you can basically
I think you can basically ignore the HEM2 EV line on HU SnGs. I've been having issues with it since I started playing them about 3 months ago. According to yours, for the first 160 games you were running exactly at EV, which is obviously impossible unless you don't get all in without 100% or 0% equity.